The perfect vegan dessert that's both rich and creamy! The Naked Bar or the Glowing Mint Bar would be best for this insane chocolate dessert.
recipe from @portlandiapielady
- 12 ounce Follow Your Heart vegan cream cheese (1-1/2 containers)
- 1 60-gm package Beauty Bar Chocolate (each box is about 2.11 ounces, 9 individual squares) See notes below for additional chocolate
- 2 tablespoons Earth Balance Butter
- 1/4 cup Lakanto classic sweetener with monk fruit extract*** (only if using additional unsweetened cocoa) See notes below (may substitute 1/4 cup pure cane powdered sugar)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder*** (only if using in combination with monk fruit) See notes below
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups So Delicious whipped topping, thawed
- 1 prepared gluten-free chocolate cookie crust
In a microwave safe bowl, melt the Beauty Bar Chocolate and 2 tablespoons of Earth Balance Butter for 20 seconds, stir, and if not completely melted after stirring microwave 5 to 10 seconds more. Set aside.
In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the vegan cream cheese at high speed for about 2 minutes until creamy.
Add the melted chocolate & butter in a stream into the vegan cream cheese mixture with the electric mixer running, until chocolate is fully incorporated
*** If using, add the unsweetened cocoa and monk fruit powder and beat until very creamy.
Add the So Delicious whipped topping and use mixer to beat in. The filling is creamy, but too stiff to fold in whipped topping; you will need to use the electric hand mixer.
Spread into prepared crust and refrigerate for 1 hour before serving. Serve with additional whipped topping if desired.
For more details on the recipe check out Portlandia Pie Lady