Chocolate Pudding Pie might be our favorite dessert ever and this one is even vegan! It's the perfect dessert to bring to any Summer barbecue and is sure to be a big hit!
recipe from @portlandiapielady
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup pure cane sugar or monkfruit blend sugar
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1-1/2 cups unsweetened nut milk
- 1-1/2 cups nut milk creamer
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter
- 1 box Beauty Bar Chocolate (6 squares for filling, 3 squares for chocolate shavings) (roughly chop the 6 squares for easier melting in pudding)
- One 9-inch vegan chocolate cookie crust
- 1 container coconut whipped cream (for topping)
In a medium sauce pan, mix cocoa, sugar, cornstarch and whisk well. Gradually add cashew/Milkadamia milk and almond milk creamer to the dry ingredients in saucepan. Whisk until smooth and well blended. Cook over medium heat stirring with flat bottomed whisk scraping the bottom and sides of pan constantly.
Bring mixture to a boil and boil for 1 minute, remove from heat.
Add Earth Balance butter, vanilla, and chopped Beauty Bar Chocolate . Whisk until chocolate and butter are melted, pour into bowl and place plastic wrap pressed onto surface to prevent skin from forming; refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours.
Once cooled spread into prepared crust and top with So Delicious cocowhip whipped topping. Top with homemade chocolate shavings (directions in blog above).